Pie Pie Face Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 65 169 195 368), its Franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies ("Pie Face", "we", "us" or "our") recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information and are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.Pie Pie Face Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 65 169 195 368), its Franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies ("Pie Face", "we", "us" or "our") recognise the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals in relation to their personal information and are committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with Australian privacy laws.
Pie Face respects and upholds your right to privacy protection under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Privacy Act) and any similar Australian state or territory legislation applicable to Pie Face’s operations.
Types of personal information Pie Face collect and hold
Pie Face (and its related entities) may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- First and last name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Transaction details associated with your purchases from Pie Face including credit card details.
- Any information you provided to Pie Face through loyalty programs or customer surveys.
- Information regarding your interests, experience with our services and more detailed contact preferences. This information is requested in order to tailor our subsequent communications to you and continuously improve our products and services.
- Information concerning your employment with Pie Face, Pie Face franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate.
- Medical history.
- Details of your use of Pie Face’s website including your server address, domain name, type of browser, date and time of your visit and pages accessed.
- Any additional information provided to Pie Face, its related entities and/or its service and/or support centre.
How Pie Face collect and hold personal information
Pie Face (and its related entities) may collect personal information about you when you purchase goods and services from Pie Face (or its related entities) either in-store or online, when you contact Pie Face (or its related entities) with an enquiry, when you submit an employment, supplier, franchise or licence application, through Pie Face’s website or social media platforms, when you enter a competition or other promotion, when you join a loyalty program or our mailing list or complete a customer survey or when you have any similar dealings with Pie Face (or its related entities).
As you navigate through our Websites, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an Electronic Message we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website.
We may combine your anonymous or personal visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with other personal information collected from you from time to time via our Collection Channels, in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website where you have identified yourself, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Pie Face may hold personal information about you electronically and in hard copy records.
Pie Face takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information that it no longer needs and is not required by law to retain.
Pie Face takes all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect personal information that it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The purposes for Pie Face to collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
Pie Face may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- To assist in providing goods and services to you.
- To fulfil obligations in respect of any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and Pie Face.
- To manage your employment with Pie Face, Pie Face franchisees, subsidiaries and other related bodies corporate and facilitate effective employment practices.
- To provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone and Electronic Messages or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.
- For Pie Face’s internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other market research and development (including to record statistical data for marketing analysis).
- To assist with any calls you make to Pie Face or its service and/or support centre.
- To respond to customer enquiries.
- For any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
- To maintain and improve the functionality of a Website to provide better service to Website visitors and users, including the compilation and analysis of statistics and trends, the provision of information to you relating to the content available on that Website and any e-commerce transactions conducted via that Website.
Pie Face will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to agents, advisers and suppliers that Pie Face uses in the ordinary operation of Pie Face’s business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing or as required by law.
Failure to provide personal information may result in Pie Face being unable to provide you with certain content, employment information, upcoming promotions, events or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from Pie Face (other than as required for the operation of Pie Face’s business, e.g. regarding payment of your account) by contacting the relevant person referred to at the bottom of this policy in writing.
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to Pie Face then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being collected and held by Pie Face for the above purposes.
You can access and/or seek the correction of personal information about you by following these guidelines
You may request access to personal information Pie Face holds about you by writing to Pie Face using the details below. Where Pie Face holds information that you are entitled to access, Pie Face will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information Pie Face holds about you is incorrect, incomplete, out of date, irrelevant, misleading or inaccurate, then you may request that Pie Face correct it. If Pie Face is satisfied that the information requires correction, it will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct such information having regard to the purpose for which the information is held. If requested by you, Pie Face will also notify any other entity that Pie Face has disclosed that information to, that the information has been corrected. If Pie Face refuses to correct the information as requested by you, then Pie Face will give you a written notice which sets out the reasons for the refusal (except to the extent that it would be unreasonable to do so), the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal and any other matter prescribed by the Privacy Act.
Pie Face can disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Pie Face may disclose personal information about you to overseas recipients [for e.g. data storage/processing/marketing] however it is not practicable to specify the countries those overseas recipients are likely to be located in.
For the purposes described above, Pie Face may share personal information with our related bodies corporate, our franchisees, our suppliers and our promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents), either in Australia or overseas countries.
Trusted third parties to Pie Face may be engaged by Pie Face to perform a variety of functions, such as fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
Sale of the Company
Franchisee Privacy Policies
Our Website may contain links to other Websites operated by third parties which may be of interest to you. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy policies of any third party Website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party Website. Third party Websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing so that we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
In this policy "personal information" has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
Any questions or complaints about this policy or the management of any personal information about you by Pie Face should be made in writing to the address below.
7 Grand Avenue
Telephone: +612 9898 5825
Our Privacy Officer will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe. This policy represents Pie Face’s policy as at 26 May 2015. Pie Face may change this policy from time to time by updating the policy that appears on its website.